Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Accountant Budgets Department
San Carlos, CA
Find your Dream Job
General: This position performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (JPB).
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Compile, interpret and analyze accounting data such as budget, encumbrances and expenses.
- Review grant documentation to ensure fund setup is in compliance.
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations. Make necessary correcting entries.
- Process and analyze accounting data in an electronic Enterprise Resource Planning database (ERP).
- Prepare financial reports.
Examples of Duties:
- Review and analyze transactions for completeness, accuracy and proper coding.
- Prepare vouchers journal, payroll reclass for entry into the ERP.
- Analyze project costs and grant expenditures.
- Review grant and budget documentation for ensuring conformance with agreements, contracts and local, state or federal regulations.
- Answer questions, and resolve issues for internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years of full-time accounting experience.
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle); experience with PeopleSoft is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate Excel is desirable.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Joshua Bramlett joined the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting Team in January 2018. Since that time, Joshua has supported recruiting and compliance efforts as a Recruiting Coordinator by sourcing, qualifying, and performing background verifications for candidates being considered for various clients’ roles. Because Joshua has excelled at a variety of positions in various industries prior to Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, he has a unique ability to fully understand the roles for which he is recruiting and hone in on the hiring manager’s hard and soft skill requirements when searching for the perfect candidate to fit. Joshua excels at forming strong and lasting working relationships with: candidates - to help minimize attrition, clients - to quickly find the right puzzle piece to their team, and other members of the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting team - to maximize the support leveraged to clients and candidates.