Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Accountant General Ledger
San Carlos, CA
General: This position will report to a Senior Accountant, and will perform a variety of professional level accounting activities within the Finance Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Provide accounting and financial support for three agencies:
- Perform GL account and fund reconciliations and prepare general ledger (G/L) journal entries.
- Analyze accounting data in PeopleSoft to review and highlight variances, trends, exceptions and discrepancies, taking action as appropriate.
- Interpret and apply accounting rules and regulations on a variety of accounting activities (e.g. billing funding agencies).
- Analyze project costs, and complete capital asset accounting and reconciliation.
Examples of Duties:
- Review, analyze, verify and/or reconcile general ledger, revenue, expenses, capital asset details, accounts receivable (A/R), accounts payable (A/P), deferred revenue, and member agency contribution accounts.
- Prepare documentation needed to support periodic audits (e.g. financial statements, reports, monthly billing to federal, state, and other agencies).
- Review and analyze capital assets transactions; Record capital assets into the Asset Management (AM) system, and reconcile capital assets in the AM system to the General Ledger.
- Review, update, and maintain accurate accounting records including journals and ledgers.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Work under the general supervision of a Senior Accountant, who establishes goals and objectives, and evaluates performance.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years of full-time accounting or related experience in general ledger, account reconciliations and capital assets.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and solve accounting problems.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Must possess effective organizational skills to affect an orderly flow of accurate information.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems (e.g. PeopleSoft is highly desirable).
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joshua Bramlett joined the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting Team in January 2018. Since that time, Joshua has supported recruiting and compliance efforts as a Recruiting Coordinator by sourcing, qualifying, and performing background verifications for candidates being considered for various clients’ roles. Because Joshua has excelled at a variety of positions in various industries prior to Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, he has a unique ability to fully understand the roles for which he is recruiting and hone in on the hiring manager’s hard and soft skill requirements when searching for the perfect candidate to fit. Joshua excels at forming strong and lasting working relationships with: candidates - to help minimize attrition, clients - to quickly find the right puzzle piece to their team, and other members of the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting team - to maximize the support leveraged to clients and candidates.