Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
This position performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Compile, interpret and analyze accounting data such as budget, encumbrances and expenses.
- Review grant documentation to ensure fund setup is in compliance.
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations.
- Make necessary correcting entries.
- Process and analyze accounting data in an electronic Enterprise Resource Planning database (ERP).
- Prepare financial reports.
Review and analyze transactions for completeness, accuracy and proper coding.
Prepare vouchers journal, payroll reclass for entry into the ERP.
Analyze project costs and grant expenditures. Review grant and budget documentation for ensuring conformance with agreements, contracts and local, state or federal regulations.
Answer questions, and resolve issues for internal and external customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work under the general supervision of the Manager, Budgets, who establishes goals and objectives, and evaluates performance.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
Three years of full-time accounting experience.
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle); experience with PeopleSoft is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate Excel is desirable.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.