Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
Duration: up to 6 month contract
Pay: $35.00 - $44.00/HR, DOE
Location: San Carlos
The Accountant reports to a Finance Manager in the Treasury Department, and will perform a variety of professional level accounting activities within the Finance Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Review, update, and maintain accurate accounting records.
- Interpret and apply accounting rules and regulations (GASB, GAAP, grantor’s contract/agreement terms, etc.) on a variety of accounting activities (e.g. billing funding agencies).
- Interact with external funding agencies as well as internal departments [i.e. Grants, Budgets, Project Controls, accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), and general ledger (GL)].
- Analyze accounting data to identify variances, trends, exceptions, and discrepancies; initiate corrective journal entries or voucher adjustments.
- Perform account and fund reconciliations and G/L journal entries.
- Process A/R and A/PI have at transactions.
- Responsibilities include managing funds, overseeing the allocation of cash balances, loans, disbursements, and investments.
- Reviews forecasted balances, examining and correcting any shortages or overages.
- Submit monthly claims (billing) for reimbursements.
- Monitor budgets by individual projects; track and analyze expenditures to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Assist with various accounting audits by preparing audit schedules and reconciliations.
- Review, analyze, verify and/or reconcile revenue, expenses, fixed asset details, A/R, A/P, deferred revenue, and member agency contribution accounts, in the general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain documentation needed to support grants and projects, and for periodic audits (e.g. financial statements, reports, monthly billing to federal, state, and other local agencies).
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years of full-time accounting experience.
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle); experience with PeopleSoft is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with advance-level Excel preferred.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.