Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3+ Months
Pay: $36.33 - $43.62
Location: San Francisco
Under general supervision of the Accounting Manager, this position performs a variety of intermediate to complex professional accounting duties and analysis to support the preparation and maintenance of District financial records and reports. This position also participates in external & internal audits, while simultaneously assists in the execution of accounting policies, procedures and other related duties as assigned.
- Originates and maintains accounting records for all operating divisions within and overseen by the District. This includes Administrative and Development, Bridge, Bus and Ferry.
- Completes accounting operations that culminate in the production of monthly financial statements. Operations include, but are not limited to, preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing billings, producing reports and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Prepares journal entries to record financial activities in the general ledger. This includes recurring & non-recurring journal entries: accruals, expense allocations, cash & investment activity, debt-service transactions, capital asset activity, accounts receivable & payable transactions, etc.
- Reconciles charges, encumbrances and retentions payable per invoices, purchase orders and requisitions and reflect the adjusted balances in the General Ledger.
- Reviews accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, capital assets, inventory and other subsidiary ledgers for completeness, cut-off and accuracy.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries, including explaining accounting procedures/policies to outside agencies, auditors, and agency staff orally and in writing.
- Participates with departmental and external audits to ensure the accuracy & completeness of financial reporting and compliance with District policies and procedures. Audits include, but are not limited to, physical inventories, imprest cash audits, financial statement audits, compliance audits, single audits and performance audits.
- Maintains current knowledge of GASB pronouncements and federal/state regulations.
- Documents current accounting procedures & processes.
- Follows established safe-work practices, including obeying all safety rules & District policies.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required.
- A four (4) year degree in Accounting or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a full-time position related to accounting or auditing experience reflecting intermediate accounting complexity.
- Experience in Governmental Accounting is desirable.
- Experience with Sungard IFAS General Ledger System is desirable.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statements.
- Public transit accounting principles and systems
- Transit Agency reporting requirements: National Transit Database, Federal Highway Administration, State Controller’s Office, et al.
- Federal/state/local grant regulations & compliance stipulations.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.