Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Francisco, CA
Position: Temporary Accountant (3 weeks minimum)
Location: San Francisco, CA
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience Equivalent to:
• A four (4) year degree in Accounting or closely related discipline.
• A minimum of three (3) years in a full-time position related to accounting or auditing experience reflecting intermediate accounting complexity.
• Experience in Governmental Accounting is desirable.
• Experience with Sungard IFAS General Ledger System is desirable.
• Support stand-alone computerized systems i.e. Payroll
• Interact with all levels of management
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate mastery of a General Ledger system, from journal entry preparation to financial statement generation
• Work in a team environment as well as independently
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintains accounting records for all operating divisions within and overseen by the District. This includes Administrative and Development, Bridge, Bus and Ferry
• Completes accounting operations that culminate in the production of monthly financial statements. Operations include, but are not limited to, preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing billings, producing reports and other miscellaneous tasks
• Prepares journal entries to record financial activities in the general ledger. This includes recurring & non-recurring journal entries: accruals, expense allocations, cash & investment activity, debt-service transactions, capital asset activity, accounts receivable & payable transactions, etc.
• Reconciles charges, encumbrances and retentions payable per invoices, purchase orders and requisitions and reflect the adjusted balances in the General Ledger
• Reviews accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, capital assets, inventory and other subsidiary ledgers for completeness, cut-off and accuracy
• Responds to internal and external inquiries, including explaining accounting procedures/policies to outside agencies, auditors, and agency staff orally and in writing
• Participates with departmental and external audits to ensure the accuracy & completeness of financial reporting and compliance with District policies and procedures. Audits include, but are not limited to, physical inventories, imprest cash audits, financial statement audits, compliance audits, single audits and performance audits
• Maintains current knowledge of GASB pronouncements and federal/state regulations
• Documents current accounting procedures & processes
• Follows established safe-work practices, including obeying all safety rules & District policies
• Performs additional related duties as assigned
• Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required