Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
20427 N 27th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85027 | Contract
6 Month contract but client has made it clear - position could go permanent. Fantastic benefits - Mon thru Fri 8: 00 - 5: 00
Client located in Northwest Phoenix, has a position available for an Accounting Clerk, reporting to the Payroll Accounting Manager. This individual will have responsibility for remitting, reporting and reconciling employee benefit payments and deductions.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
• 2 or more years college with accounting course work or equivalent experience
• 2 or more years’ experience in a larger organization with mainframe based accounting
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of account reconciliation
• Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Display strong leaderships skills - lead by example
• Self-motivated and ability to make logical, rational decisions independently
• Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks
• Ability to resolve difficult issues with external/internal customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
• Speed and accuracy in 10 key data input
• 1-2 years Health & Welfare Benefits accounting preferred.
• Working knowledge of common payroll practices.
• " Go to person"
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsibility for large/complex division trust reporting including payments
• Provide leadership in trust issues to other divisions
• Validate information for total compensation statements
• Provide backup in trust fund audit review
• Provide team lead functions
• Oversee cross training of division duties
• Filing and assisting in locating documents
• Open and distribute mail
• Manually track benefit issues
• Complete assignments accurately and consistently within contractual requirements
• Remittance of assigned premium deductions to Safeway plan carriers and Trust Fund
• Research any inaccurate employee Health & Welfare deductions
• Develop excellent working knowledge of the PeopleSoft Payroll System
• Respond to employee questions regarding trust benefits including fund contact
• Determine retroactive rate increase dollars