Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
255 Shoreline Dr #450 Redwood City, CA 94065
We are looking for an experience Accounting Manager to join their team. The organization is a well-established pharmaceutical company located in Redwood City. We are looking for an experienced, analytical, and data driven professional to join the team. This is a full time position with great benefits and compensation.
- Conduct all financial related activities with the upmost confidentiality and security to protect the organization.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Co-ordinate the annual independent audit including preparing financial statements which are audited.
- Maintain audit trails, government compliance (sales tax and business licenses), and ad hoc analysis as considered necessary by corporate financial management.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results for the company against the budget, flagging items for follow-up and highlighting significant developments.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinate the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepare special reports.
- Maintain the fixed asset inventory system by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; define accounting policies and procedures
- Audit departmental accounting data, identify and correct errors, identify and compute accruals, apply accounting principles to transactions and recommend revisions in departmental accounting procedures to ensure conformance with applicable statues, laws, and General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls
- Assist in all areas of operation as requested by management
- Support Director of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements
- and resolving problems.
- 5+ years of accounting, finance, or business management.
- Bachelor’ s degree in; business or accounting.
- CPA Preferred but not required.
- Experience working with UltiPro Software or other payroll systems.
- Experience processing payroll and other aspects of the accounting function.
- Solid understanding of GAAP (matching, conservatism, materiality, temporary and permanent accounts, debits, credits, sections of the financial statements, etc.).
- Able to shift priorities considered necessary to accomplish prioritized tasks in a high-paced, results orientated environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Proficient verbal and written communication.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k Matching
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 11 Holidays+ 3 Floating Holidays
- Stocked kitchen and Daily catered lunches
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.