Accounting Office Assisteant
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Start: ASAP (upon clearance of background and drug screen)
What you will be doing:
Supporting the accounting team with general office and accounting administrative tasks.
Responsible for all agent invoices to include processing invoices, commission checks and ensuring accurate Trade AR balances and may open order backlog.
* Processes bank deposits of checks received as well as incoming wire payments on the bank account and posts deposits to customer receivables records.
* Enter new customers and customer ship to locations into the company software system according to company policies and procedures.
* Prepare all customer credit applications packages, proposing applicable credit terms in accordance with company policies and the Delegation of Authority Policy and submitting to management for approval.
* Process customer credit holds by evaluating the reason for credit hold, releasing when unrelated to customer credit limit and appropriate for the situation, escalating to management when orders that exceed credit limits, ensuring adherence to the Delegation of Authority Policy.
* Monitor all customer invoices for timely payment making collection calls at least weekly and escalate according to company policies and procedures. Maintains all collection activity records in the system.
* Processes all agent invoices and related commission checks. Follows up on aging invoices with manufacturers to ensure accuracy in Trade AR. May follow up with CSR and manufacturers regarding open agent orders to ensure accurate agent backlog.
* Provides a bi-monthly summary report of all customer invoices that are over 30 days old or determined to be at risk to include collection activity to date, next steps and any escalation proposals.
* May ensure timely credits to customers for returned material by attending regular MRB meetings and processing return credits as necessary.
* Process all credit card transactions including pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
* Maintains accounts receivable files.
* May cross-train with AP to provide full backup of AP responsibilities when necessary.
* Obtain and update customer sales tax certificates ensuring accurate tax settings in the Companys ERP system.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School completion or equivalent (GED)
* 1+ years applicable experience
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team are crucial
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
* High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative