Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
Duration: up to 6 Months
Pay: $23.58/hour - $31.67/hour, DOE
Location: San Carlos
General: The Accounting Technician reports to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for accounts receivable, billing, general ledger journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Keep accounting records regarding Redi-Wheels and token sales, billing/accounts receivable collections, revenue recognition accounting, Consumer Price Index adjustments, and customer data.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for cash collection and lockbox processing.
- Research and resolve problems with external customers.
- Analyze, record, and report SamTrans fare box revenue.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for month-end and year-end closing.
- Prepare and reconcile financial reports such as pass sales and ticket by mail.
- Process TVM credit card refunds.
- Process and reconcile cash collection and lockbox transactions.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect yourself, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm.
- Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; can substitute up to two years of full-time experience.
- Three years full-time experience in accounting working with computerized accounting systems.
- Must have effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- PeopleSoft desirable.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.