Seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who can start in January 2021
Location: Carpinteria, CA
NO REMOTE - this is an onsite role
What you will be doing: Responsible for the daily accounts payable activities to include inventory & products, process all vendor invoices. Assist with ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws involving accounting practices.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Receiving of all vendor invoices, matching of Invoice data to purchase order and packing slip information and posting into the Peachtree system.
* Troubleshooting of discrepancies resulting from analysis of purchase order and vendor invoice / packing slip.
* Issuing checks to vendors upon approval. All check stubs to be filed with purchase order, packing slip and invoice copy in company files.
* Review of vendor invoices requiring non-standard payment terms so they are paid promptly and services are not disrupted.
* Process credit card orders on merchant services systems.
* Perform sensitive document shredding duties on a daily basis.
* Prepare monthly activity reports for select vendors as requested.
* Prepare A/P Aging report package on weekly basis for review to assign payables for the following week.
* Supply management with all vendor price increases.
* Monitor all vendors have their W-9 on file.
* Set up recurring payments in accounting system.
* Analyze vendors statement to avoid duplicate payments.
* To assist in identifying the most efficient methods for all accounting data entry procedures.
* To assess vendor performance upon request from standpoint of payables cooperation.
* Provides guidance for account payable associates as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 3-5 years working in an accounting capacity preferably with leading accounts payable; leadership experience preferred
*Bachelors degree preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
* Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word), Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong mathematical skills and organizational skills are required
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team are crucial
* Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
* High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
* Strong organizational skills