Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Administrative Support Specialist
San Carlos, CA
Duration: up to 6 months
Pay: $23.59-31.67/HR., DOE
Location: San Carlos
General: The Administrative Support Specialist will report to the Chief Financial Officer; and will provide clerical and administrative support for the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans).
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the CFO and Finance Department.
- Collect, review and analyze data; prepare reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials.
- Schedule, coordinate, and maintain calendar appointments.
- Coordinate office and/or departmental operations.
- Provide general administrative support including check distribution, mail distribution, managing calendars, ordering office supplies, and organize department events.
- Work on special projects as assigned by CFO.
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests.
- Track cost center expenses.
- Coordinate and facilitate purchase order and contract administration activities for Finance Department including preparing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and voucher payments.
- Create and update spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain department files and records.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three years of full-time clerical experience.
- Experience in a public agency.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant providing support to a Chief Executive
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ERP software; PeopleSoft desirable.
Meet Your Recruiter
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.