Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Administrative Technician - Civil
300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, California 94612 | [Contract]
Under general supervision, performs comprehensive administrative and/or technical functions and provides responsible office assistance in support of administrative and business functions; performs related work as assigned.
This class is a bridge between the clerical support classes and the professional class series in the subject department. While the primary work is administrative/clerical in nature, positions in this class require substantial administrative expertise and apply extensive knowledge of District policies and procedures or para-professional knowledge of the principles and practices of a technical or professional field. Additionally, incumbents assist and support the professional staff with assignments and projects on a regular basis and resolve problems which have a significant impact on the overall goals and activities of the department.
This position may report to various professional level titles.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assists staff in a variety of professional and administrative duties.
2. Provides independent administrative work to support the business operations.
3. Provides recommendations based on significant knowledge of the department’ s professional objectives and activities.
4. Confers with user departments for request or provision of services.
5. Processes appropriate paperwork/forms related to services.
6. Uses specialized knowledge to independently respond to inquiries received from vendors, customers and other department personnel.
7. Monitors office processes/activities; processes personnel and payroll transactions requiring qualitative or technical review; prepares written and statistical reports as requested.
8. Organizes and maintains various files; types correspondence, reports and forms from drafts, notes or briefs.
9. Proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with departmental policies and regulations.
10.Inputs information into an on-line computer system; operates standard office equipment.
11.May direct the work of clerical support staff on a project or day-to-day basis.
Principles and practices of administrative/clerical support for the day-to-day operations of a function or department.
Office management practices and procedures including the operation of standard office equipment.
Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Basic business data processing principles and the use of on-line computer equipment.
Preparing clear and concise written reports and correspondence.
Researching and summarizing various materials.
Reading and interpreting rules, policies and procedures.
Composing routine correspondence from brief instructions.
Using initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Operating standard office equipment including a word processor and an on-line computer system.
Typing accurately at a rate of 50 words per minute from printed copy.
Making accurate arithmetical calculations.
Maintaining accurate records and files.
Possession of a high school diploma, GED or recognized equivalent.
Four (4) years of clerical/administrative or office assistance experience which will have provided familiarity with subject departments concepts and terminology.
Senior Program Manager
Harpreet knows that the key to success is building strong relationships, which takes patience, support, and understanding. Harpreet came to Wollborg Michelson with that experience in hand, and currently manages two of WM’s longest standing accounts. She thrives on making great connections with candidates and matching them with their Dream Jobs, like two perfect pieces to a puzzle. In her free time, Harpreet enjoys teaching traditional North Indian dances to children and adults, baking, spending time with her family and friends, and (any chance she gets) visiting Disneyland!