Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Assistant Graphic Artist
1250 San Carlos Ave San Carlos, California 94070 | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract Print Graphic Artist for one of our clients, a large transportation company in, San Carlos, CA. The Assistant Graphic Artist will work in the Creative Services Department and is responsible for designing and preparing timetables, maps, posters, sketches, final artwork and photographs used in presentations, publications, multimedia and public information materials.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Prepares timetable information, develops written copy and electronically creates timetables, maps, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, mailers and reports for bus and rail using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Coordinates the print production process with contracted vendor(s) from upload to delivery.
Examples of Duties:
- Designs layout of brochures, newsletters, reports, forms and other printed materials with text provided by editor.
- Generates vector art for use as design components in print and digital materials.
- Converts artwork built for print reproduction to files optimized for digital postings.
- Scans, manipulates and corrects photographic images
- Operates single-lens reflex (SLR) camera at various locations capturing traffic, vehicles, or public events
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect yourself, your fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Designer, who establishes goals and objectives, assigns tasks and responsibilities, monitors and evaluates performance.
- Possession of an Associate in Arts degree (two year degree) from an accredited college or university with coursework in graphic art or design; AND 1-3 years of professional experience in graphic art
- Must have experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and MS Office in a Windows PC environment.
- Must have experience with print production processes, from concept to delivery.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks and work in collaboration with others.
- Must have a valid California driver’ s license with a safe driving record.
HTML experience is a plus