Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Budget Analyst - Financial Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm, M – F
Pay Rate: $43.24/hour - $54.06/hour
Word and Excel Score Required: Yes
General: The Budget /Financial Analyst performs complex budget and financial analysis for the Finance and Administration Division.
What you will be doing:
· Performs budget and financial analysis, using budgeting and accounting concepts or techniques.
· Researches historical data and prepares budget and expense journals.
· Assists, proposes and recommends solutions based on research.
· Reviews and analyzes year-over-year budget changes, historical and future trends and project budget assumptions
· Provides support in production of the Annual Budget Book.
• Assists and produces Power Point presentations including charts and tables.
• Assists with documentation of Budget changes.
- Compile, interpret and analyze finance data such as budgets, encumbrances and expenses.
- Review grant documentation to ensure that the fund set up is in compliance.
- Process and analyze data in an electronic Enterprise Resource Planning database (ERP).
- Provide operating and capital analysis for current budget year activities.
- Process budget transfer requests.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or closely related field plus three years full-time experience performing financial and/or budget analysis or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must have the ability to accurately analyze and evaluate data and draw logical conclusions.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (i.e. PeopleSoft) and be very proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable working with large Excel models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.