Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Business Relationship Manager (Marketing)
455 Devlin Road Suite 201 Napa, California 94558 | Direct Hire
Under little or no supervision and acting on own initiative, the Compliance Business Relationship Manager – Marketing (CBRM) is charged with establishing trusted and strategic working relationships among the Marketing business units. The CBRM works cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing to provide support, coordination, and project assistance with all promotions, POS review, training and social media monitoring focusing on tied-house regulations, identifying problems and recommending/implementing cost effective solutions. Manages the Federal Compliance Auditor-Bill Back position to maximize efficiencies in administering bill back processes and procedures which support mandatory state and federal regulations relating to sales and marketing promotional offers. Provides leadership and feedback in support of departmental and company goals. Ensures processes and procedures for each business process meets regulatory requirements providing direction and assistance in the development of actual workflows where needed.
- Understands, communicates, and shares company vision throughout division/organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
- Provides leadership and personal support; leads by example
- Drives company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Communicates and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Provides input and assist with the monitoring of the department budget
- Serves as the Compliance Business Relationship Manager working cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing on federal and California state regulatory compliance processes, procedures and workflows, identifies problems and recommends/implements cost effective solutions
- Provides support to the sales and marketing teams by monitoring regulatory matters, issues and/or changes in regulations and offers recommendations on how programs should run to meet regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to develop and deliver promotional contests and sweepstakes; acts as the liaison with state regulatory officials where advanced approvals/registrations are required
- Manages the Federal Compliance Auditor-Bill Back position to maximize efficiencies in administering bill back processes and procedures which support mandatory state and federal regulations relating to sales and marketing promotional offers.
- Conducts initial review of all marketing and sales event contracts providing recommended modifications to meet regulatory requirements and mitigate company risk
- Conducts initial review of all social media avenues assessing potential risk areas and recommending/implementing cost effective solutions
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing and QC resolving customer complaints; acts as the liaison with state regulatory officials where advanced approvals are required
- Provides regulatory research to aid in the resolution for issues with wholesaler promotional and/or bill back matters; serves as a backup for the Federal Compliance Bill back Auditing function
- Develops and delivers regulatory compliance end user training for Marketing and Sales teams as it relates to federal and state regulatory matters
- Manages the Customer Master Database in SAP
- Practices and encourages open communication and problem solving skills which cultivate a high level of team interaction
- Assists with special projects as needed
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Management or related field or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ administrative support to executive and divisional groups focusing on regulatory compliance within the alcoholic beverage industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Proficient in desktop applications. MS office & SAP experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Works effectively with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, and presentation. Effective writer with strong sense of grammar.
- Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Highly professional and pleasant disposition. Able to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions. Strong listener.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to prioritize and quickly access what needs to get done. Effective multitasker.
- Effective team player. Maintains a motivating and positive attitude.
- Creative, energetic, and self-starter.
Certificates and Licenses
See Physical Capabilities Requirements Section
- Office/cubical desks within a Campus environment, requiring walking between buildings and to and from the campus to the winery.
- Position is required to travel weekly to/from the Napa offices
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures