Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Los Angeles, CA 90001
An exciting and rapidly growing youth educational organization is looking for program visionaries to direct current or new summer camp sites for the 2019 season. Camp Directors (Summer Program Directors) are outstanding educational leaders who assume overall leadership of a summer day camp location, including staff hiring and management and day-to-day operations.
Most Camp Directors have full-time jobs during the school year, and commit 10-15 hours each week to their Camp Director role pre-camp (most remote), with 1-3 additional weekends of training (January – June). As summer rolls around (June-August), Camp Directors work full time hours during camp (most camps run 5-8 weeks).
- You’ ll train to brilliantly build, lead, and maintain your camp community.
- From mastering operations to nurturing and retaining staff to creating camp flavor and traditions, you’ ll work to identify and execute on your program vision, ensuring our campers have their most magical summers ever.
- You’ ll hire, train, collaborate with and develop a team of 15-40 summer staff.
- You’ ll be a supportive manager with high expectations, who takes this part of your role seriously. You’ ll engage with and actively evaluate potential — both strengths and areas of growth — and will thoughtfully push your team to greatness in ways that have an astounding ripple effect.
- You’ ll create and build partnerships.
- As the face of the organization in the community you serve, you’ ll work closely with your manager on navigating grassroots marketing efforts, local staff recruiting, your host school relationship, and consistently delivering exceptional service to our camper families.
- College graduate or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with K-8th grade children
- Demonstrated leadership experience (staff hiring and management experience a plus)
- Ability to work part-time in spring, and full-time in summer
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer