Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Clinical Prior Authorization Pharmacist
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is looking for a proven Clinical Prior Authorization Pharmacist to support a FORTUNE 500 healthcare company.
This position is fully remote, working from home, however candidates must still be local to the Sacramento area. Please read through the details and apply with your updated resume!
Solid clinical skills, prior authorization experience, high level project management skills, verbal/written communication, long term task experience (ability to manage tasks over long time period and ensuring they are done using checklists and project management tools), attention to detail.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science Pharmacy degree Current pharmacist license in good standing with the State Board of Pharmacy in California
The main function of a pharmacist is to dispense prescription medications to patients and offer expertise in the safe use of prescriptions. They also may conduct health and wellness screenings, provide immunizations, oversee the medications given to patients, and provide advice on healthy lifestyles.
- Responsible for medication prior authorization review
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions. Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
Pay: $55 - $60 / hour (BOE)
Work Schedule: M-F, 8 hours, 9:00 - 5:30
Contract: 5+ months
Please apply with your updated resume!