Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Collections Associate - 32087-1
601 Potrero Grande Drive Monterey Park, CA 91755 | Contract
Healthcare Claims Analyst Needed
The Claims Recovery Analyst is responsible for making sure all identified claims overpayments are processed accurately and within regulatory timeframes. Accurate processing of overpaid claims includes but not limited to research and validation of original claims payment for accuracy, creation and mailing of overpayment refund letters and maintenance of overpayment recovery logs and/or database. The Analyst must understand all the claims processing requirements which include but not limited to coordination of benefits and contract interpretation.
• Minimum 1-2 years medical claims overpayment recovery experience and 2-3 years medical claims examining experience, or equivalent of the two
• 2 or more years experience in managed care organization a plus
• Must be familiar with coordination of benefits processes and related regulatory requirements
• Must be familiar with Medicare/Medi-Cal crossover claims processes
• Knowledge of ICD9-CM, HCPCS level II and III, CPT, and revenue Codes, DRG and APC coding a plus
• Knowledge of different payment methodologies such as Medi-Cal, RBRVS, DRG and other Medicare reimbursements a plus
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; Access knowledge a plus
• Minimum typing speed of 45 WPM and use of Ten-Key by touch
• Ability to write analytical reports and comprehensive summaries
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external associates
• Ability to deal with complex claim issues
• Knowledge of DMHC, DHS, CMS, Title XX II CRC, Title 42, and Medi-Cal and Medicare processing guidelines a plus
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple projects and is able to prioritize workflow
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews refund request logs, account receivable reports, open invoice accounts or other similar reports to ensure appropriate vendors with negative account are correctly classified in designated system/database.
• Reviews reports of potential claims overpayment to ensure requests for reimbursement of overpaid claims are made and processed accurately and timely. Reports include but not limited to payment of claims to retro disenrolled members and audit reports.
• Enters overpaid claims information into designated recovery database, generates and mails refund request letters accurately and ensure compliance to regulatory timeframes
• Researches returned claim checks from providers/vendors, voided checks or letters from providers regarding identified overpayments
• Reviews all identified overpayments to determine whether claims overpayments are due to system configuration, training issues or erroneous claims processing. .
• Works with providers who call, send emails or faxes overpayment issues and communicate either telephonically or in writing about the findings.
• Works closely with recovery vendors, work include but not limited to: o Reviewing identified overpayments and when necessary validates accuracy of vendors’ findings;
o Communicating either telephonically or in writing about their findings
• Processes claims payment reversals
• Works closely with other departments such as Accounting, Provider Dispute Resolution (PDR) and Provider Data and Configuration Management (PDCM) to ensure overpaid claims are appropriately processed.
• Conducts analyses to identify root causes of overpayments/incorrect payments and communicates findings to Claim Management.
• Generates statistical reports for trending.
• Maintains productivity and quality standards as defined by Management.
• Contacts providers either telephonically or in writing for additional information.
• Complies with company’ s attendance and punctuality standards.
• Promotes teamwork and cooperation with other staff members and management.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned by Management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour