Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Consumer Loan Servicing Technician
Title: CONSUMER LOAN SERVICING TECHNICIAN
Pay: $17.00 -$18.00 per hour
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Act on research and/or information requests originating from Branches, Contact Center, other departments, members and third parties accurately and promptly. Track, release and manage lien perfections. Review, analyze and process requests and ensure that information and resulting actions are based on credit union and department policy and procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Process all requests submitted through the Consumer Loan Servicing Queues, email inboxes and faxes. Take inventory, distribute, verify and process daily DMV paperwork. Complete changes to loans per approved modification agreements. Assist with equity reconveyance processes.
- Work daily, weekly and monthly reports as needed. Identifying and contacting members and Dealerships to obtain and or correct appropriate paperwork to perfect the title with bank as lien holder. Ensuring data changes are in line with policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance, including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Post vehicle payoff checks after all required paperwork has been received and according to credit union guidelines. Contact appropriate parties to obtain paperwork if not provided.
- Check perfected registrations, process in and out of state title requests and requests to transport vehicles out of the country. Perform basic equity reconveyance processes, report reviews and subsequent follow up.
- Adjust accounts to comply with the Service members Civil Relief Act, process letters of guarantee and GAP claim requests.
- Work with CLS Technician II to identify process efficiencies and submit procedural updates for approval, as needed.
- Provides high-level support and technical assistance to the Contact Center, Branches, Member Care and other departments, focusing on ensuring the complete and accurate DMV paperwork is submitted.
- Responsible for extensive and complex communication with members, dealers, financial institutions, vendor/partners and motor vehicle departments for problem resolution for pending titles and research items.
- Handles high volume inbound phone calls from external and internal members while still being required to maintain additional workload.
- Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while being detailed oriented.
- Responds to members via incoming and outgoing calls as well as through alternative channels.
- Obtains and verifies loan payoff information from external financial institutions.
- Always provides prompt, courteous, internal and external Exceptional Member servicing in a professional.
- Participates and contributes to a positive teamwork environment, which encourages team commitment to corporate, division, and departmental goals.
- Responds to Consumer Loan Servicing research requests within established timeframes.
- Must demonstrate functional knowledge of all compliance courses on an annual basis and must review and pass all regulatory tests and courses pertaining to their job functions including internal credit union policies.
- Must be able to perform amortizations of Consumer Loans.
- Full servicing of HELOC accounts, such as producing payoff requests, posting payoff checks, preparing reconveyances, researching and satisfying member phone calls, emails and other forms of correspondence.
- Responsible for distributing mail, coding, and completing fax requests received within the Consumer Loan Servicing Department.
- Perform other tasks and duties as needed.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum and / or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 6 months or more at a financial institution performing customer service, check posting, extensive research investigating, vehicle titling and real estate releases (desired).