Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
1600 Franklin Street Oakland, California 94612 | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a Temporary Contract Specialist for our client, a large transportation company in the Oakland area. The Contract Specialist will be responsible for preparing Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for the District according to procedures mandated by the District, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), or other agencies; coordinating the internal review process for the routing and approval of RFPs and contracts; and monitoring and implementing proposed contract amendments.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs internal liaison work within the District to obtain detailed information on contract and supply needs; coordinates with District staff members on related matters; attends Board of Directors and interagency meetings as necessary.
- Attends pre-proposal conferences with District staff as needed; explains the District' s contract award procedures and guidelines; and assists in meetings with vendors and their representatives.
- Prepares weekly, quarterly, and biannual activity reports; monitors management information systems reports to ensure contract compliance; and approves invoices for professional services prior to payment.
- Prepares various reports and correspondence including mandated reports and filings.
- Prepares draft General Manager Memoranda requesting approval to issue RFPs, or award of contracts.
- Maintains contact information and original files in Procurement department; and distributes appropriate copies within the department, and throughout the District, as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as required.
Ability To: Operate a variety of office machines and computer equipment and use applicable computer software required by the Procurement department; collect, analyze, and present data in a clear and concise manner, including statistical and cost analyses; work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion; interpret federal and District procurement guidelines for specific projects; and establish and maintain effective-working relationships with those contracted in the course of work
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, business administration, or a related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in contract administration.