Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
1619 Harrison Oakland, CA 94612 | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a Contract Specialist for a 6-month contract for one of our clients based in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate will possess basic knowledge of public sector purchasing practices and terminology, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Implements and assists in the development of policies and procedures for the contracting process, with particular emphasis on construction and modernization contracts. Provides guidance to agency staff and the community regarding contract administration, policies, and procedures.
- Support department director in creation and administration of department budget.
- Serves as a consultant to senior and middle management staff in the interpretation of contracts and contracting policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and issues RFP’ s and bid packages for modernization and maintenance projects and other services, ensuring compliance with the Authority policies and procedures, and with established guidelines, rules and regulations of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Prepares Commission submittal packages and recommendations.
- Awards Contracts; reviews and issues change order requests to include cost analysis and makes a recommendation to management. Approves issue of materials to contractors.
- Coordinates and facilitates the activities of contract management including meetings with vendors to obtain signatures on approved contracts.
- Coordinates the risk assessment process for contract planning and monitoring.
- Ensures contracts are compliant with rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with Federal Labor Standards.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure contractual amounts are not exceeded and expedites the payment process, including partial payments. Monitors contractor performance and close out files upon completion of construction.
- Assist and/or resolves contract related protests or disputes and claims.
- Maintains accurate and current contract and relevant correspondence file system both in hardcopy and electronically and advises staff in advance of expiring contracts.
- Prepares weekly reports and other correspondence related to contract and procurement activity, including expirations, disputes, resolutions and any other concerns expressed by internal or external customers.
- Recommends the imposition of sanctions to include termination of contract and the assessment of liquidated damages to management.
A Bachelor' s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field, with a minor or emphasis in procurement; Four years of highly responsible experience involving procurement, with an emphasis on the preparation, evaluation, and administration of contracts; AND possession of a valid California driver' s license and an insurable driving record.
Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience will be considered.
Senior Program Manager
Harpreet knows that the key to success is building strong relationships, which takes patience, support, and understanding. Harpreet came to Wollborg Michelson with that experience in hand, and currently manages two of WM’s longest standing accounts. She thrives on making great connections with candidates and matching them with their Dream Jobs, like two perfect pieces to a puzzle. In her free time, Harpreet enjoys teaching traditional North Indian dances to children and adults, baking, spending time with her family and friends, and (any chance she gets) visiting Disneyland!