Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sacramento, CA 95935
A well established and privately owned construction company near Sacramento, CA is looking for a seasoned professional to lead their financial and accounting efforts. The Controller will play a vital part in the company’ s success. Specializing in multi-unit remodeling and tenant improvement, the right candidate is a high achieving and dynamic team player, ready to step into a high growth organization with a hands-on yet approachable leadership demeanor.
- The delivery of efficient and cost-effective accounting and financial reports by following policies and procedures, proper internal accounting controls, and direction from the Management team.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual report packages.
- Prepare and deliver daily and weekly management progress and job-costing reports with Project Managers.
- Oversee small accounting staff.
- Develop and manage accounting policies and procedures to meet impending business needs, business growth, and within all accounting and industry rules and regulations.
- Key player in helping to identify, solve, create improved process and procedures.
- Ensure optimal deployment of Company resources to achieve goals.
- Assist the President in the managing the Company’ s insurance, lien rights, and other risk management activities.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or business
- 8+ years of accounting or finance experience including the percentage-of-completion accounting method
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with construction industry accounting software & MS Excel
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- An open mind and eager to improve existing systems and procedures.
- A can-do attitude; able to set priorities, take initiative, and drive toward achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of staff with dynamic backgrounds.
- Able to work independently, yet supervise a small staff.
- Able to teach and guide Project Managers in using, understanding and interpreting job cost, job estimating, and divisional profitability reports.
- Detail oriented, but able to match that with swift execution.
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer