Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Corporate In-House Paralegal
St. Helena, CA
We are currently recruiting a Paralegal for our client, a Real Estate Company with holdings in the luxury wine industry. The successful candidate will support its legal function, including performing general paralegal services, carrying out administrative services, serving as liaison between the company’s legal team and operating companies. This individual will report to the General Counsel, who is responsible for managing all legal affairs for the Company. The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide paralegal services on wide variety of business matters:
Review, draft and negotiate standard agreements (e.g., professional services agreements, confidentiality agreements, event agreements);
Manage routine trademark filings and maintain calendar of critical trademark renewal dates;
Engage with internal and external partners regarding contract terms;
Perform legal research as required;
Liaise with outside counsel and internal business partners to answer questions and provide documentation as requested;
Perform general entity maintenance duties, including the formation, dissolution and acquisition of corporate entities, drafting, preparing and maintaining governance and charter documentation, powers of attorney, and corporate organizational charts;
Assist with drafting and updating of company policies;
2. Coordinate alcoholic beverage compliance oversight with outside vendors:
Supervise the preparation and maintenance of documents/reports regarding wine shipping and brand/label registrations;
Act as liaison between the Company, state and local regulatory agencies and outside compliance service providers;
3. Manage and maintain Company legal records
4. Provide administrative support to Legal Department
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates Degree in Law, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Minimum of two to five years’ paralegal experience in law firm or professional business environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of legal, real estate and business records.
• Professional, efficient and detail-oriented.
• Able to work as a team member as well as independently.
• Flexible and able to manage and adjust to changing priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy environment with a diversity of individuals and with a sense of humor.
• Good judgment with ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications; Adobe Acrobat.
• Notary public, or willingness to seek to become a notary public.
• Proficient at proofreading, spelling and grammar.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work overtime whenever required
- Sit for extended periods
- Able to walk up and downstairs frequently
Meet Your Recruiter
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.