Looking for an experienced Loan Processor to support a major credit union!
The Loan Processor is responsible for the fulfillment operations of new consumer loan applications originating through the direct lending channels. Engages in interactions that ensure members encounter a positive experience beginning from loan application through finalization and funding. This position corresponds effectively and professionally with members via Web messages, e-mail, and phone.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
Pay: $19.50 an hour
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision, and core values.
- Conduct member interviews and gather information to satisfy loan conditions in order to determine suitability for loan funding. Prepare loan documents and send to member for signing; prepare approved loans for disbursement to members accordingly.
- Audit various operational documents, including executed loan documents, and reports to ensure proper procedural compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
- Meet performance standards comparable to grade level in funded loan and/or e-mail volume, and phone efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform support functions such as e-mail correspondence, consumer loan fulfillment, audit, call escalations, or other.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 lending policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Results oriented including a willingness to take on any task required to meet or exceed team goals and objectives.
- Perform financial analysis of personal and corporate tax returns and applicable schedules, 4506T forms, W-2s, and pay stubs.
- Ability to identify potential fraud, suspicious activity, and identity theft.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to assist other staff and to constructively follow-up on member inquiries and concerns.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
INTERNAL: Supervisors, branch staff, back office staff, peers, and all levels of leadership.
EXTERNAL: Members and dealerships.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is preferred. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a High School Diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years or more experience at a financial institution providing customer service and support. Consumer loan processing experience preferred.