Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Customer Service Representative - Cantonese or Toishan
300 Lakeside Drive 20th Floor Oakland, California 94612 | [Contract]
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Greets customers at sales window and provides direct customer service assistance on a variety of ticket sales programs.
2. Responds to the full range of customer questions, concerns, and complaints related to BART operations, including schedules, fares, ticket machines, fare gates, at the Lake Merritt Stations and system wide.
3. Assists customers with questions and resolutions of problems over the phone or in person.
4. Provides ticket price information; types ticket invoice orders; prepares ticket order confirmations; explains policies related to ticket refunds and exchanges; processes refunds and exchanges following established policies and guidelines.
5. Balances cash and checks taken in with tickets and Company Store items sold; maintains and reconciles ticket inventory transactions, prepares daily ticket sales report for District management review.
6. Makes exchanges and maintains reports of faulty and damaged tickets.
7. Process “ Tickets by Mail” orders including ordering pre-encoded tickets, researches and maintains records of lost tickets.
8. Administers bicycle rental program including maintaining inventory of lockers and keys, processing applications and refunds; notifying customers of upcoming renewals; and reporting maintenance problems and coordinating locker repairs and relocations.
9. Screens and accepts applications for the Regional Transit Discount Card from seniors and persons with disabilities; explains policies and procedures; transmits applicant information to Central Processor; tracks problem applications on behalf of customer.
10.Conducts inventory of BART logo items.
Principles and practices of dealing with the public in a tactful and effective manner.
Standard office practices and procedures, including record keeping and filing.
Business arithmetic including compilation of basic statistical records.
Basic methods of inventory or ticket control.
Performing arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
Working with a high level of public contact with a diverse customer base.
Projecting a courteous, patient, helpful and positive attitude when dealing with customers.
Resolving problems for customers who may be distraught.
Evaluating customer complaints and questions and making appropriate responses or referrals for handling.
Operating basic business application software to record, track sales, receipts and inventory.
Handling and making accurate recordations of cash and ticket transactions.
Preparing accurate and complete reports and other brief correspondence.
Maintaining organized and accurate records.
Ensuring adequate ticket inventory level and reconciling ticket distribution against financial records.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in
the course of the work.
Operating standard office equipment, including a personal computer and word processor.
Possession of a high school diploma, GED or recognized equivalent.
Three (3) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable general office assistant experience working with a diverse group of people including the senior and disabled community, providing customer service, explaining rules and regulations to the public, and performing cashier duties. At least one (1) year of experience must have included the use of computerized inventory control systems.
Must be able to type accurately at a speed of 30 net words per minute.
Must be able to work off-hour shifts as required.
Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
Senior Program Manager
Harpreet knows that the key to success is building strong relationships, which takes patience, support, and understanding. Harpreet came to Wollborg Michelson with that experience in hand, and currently manages two of WM’s longest standing accounts. She thrives on making great connections with candidates and matching them with their Dream Jobs, like two perfect pieces to a puzzle. In her free time, Harpreet enjoys teaching traditional North Indian dances to children and adults, baking, spending time with her family and friends, and (any chance she gets) visiting Disneyland!