Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is sourcing a Data Specialist for our Municipal Client located in Oakland CA.
We are interviewing immediately as the client would like to meet candidates!
Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
General: The Data Specialist reports to the Manager, Civil Rights and provides clerical and administrative support for the Municipal Client.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Perform data gathering, analysis, and reporting using MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Provide, clerical, administrative, and data entry support.
- General department administrative support.
Examples of Duties:
- Effectively communicate with agency staff and outside contractors.
- Review JPB/Client construction Work Directives and enter data into web-based system.
- Skillful use and manipulation of the contract compliance database systems.
- Assist other departments with clerical support.
- Answer phones; take and distribute messages.
- Track cost center expenses.
- Create and update spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain the department’s physical files and electronic records.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the supervision of the Manager, Civil Rights, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Three years of clerical experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database systems.
- Must communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Word and Excel Score Required