Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Designer - ACE
Santa Monica, CA
Our client is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm seeking a talented, design-sensitive, ambitious design professional with good people skills and lots of energy. This position will be part of our Los Angeles Arts, Community and Education (ACE) practice group.
Accepts specific assignments and develops concepts according to parameters defined by the senior architect overseeing project assignment.
- Manages related components/tasks of project so that all can be effectively executed, according to schedule and within budget.
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other team members
- Assures execution of and assists with quality control activities for architectural elements on a project.
- Reviews drawings, documents and submittals for document compliance and documenting code review and compliance
- Keeps lead architect or designated team leader informed of progress; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact to team, and seeks clarity when necessary.
- Maintains, organizes and archives all project related documents.
- Fluent knowledge of SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Microsoft Office and/or other related B.I.M technology is essential
- Education, Art or Community project domain experience required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the California higher education market; Division of State Architect (DSA) preferred
- Be interested in working on medium to large-scale project types in a very collaborative environment
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD required
- Strong 2D and 3D graphics skills essential
- Bachelor of Architecture degree (Master of Architecture degree preferred)
- Registered Architect preferred