Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Designer- Corporate Interiors
417 montgomery street , 7th floor San Francisco, CA 94104
PROJECT DESIGNER (– Level I & II)
Minimum 5 years’ experience; certification or licensure preferred but not required. Minimum Bachelor’ s degree in Architecture or Interior Design. Coordinates project design, develops creative-design concepts for projects, and prepares presentations, design documents and details.
Works independently on architectural design projects and often coordinates project design efforts. Requires substantial experience in developing details and providing planning and design support in the preparation of design development. Effectively uses 3-D software to communicate concepts to client and for problem solving.
- Design & develop high quality, creative concepts for projects.
- Lead programming and visioning efforts as well as test-fitting and space planning.
- Responsible for design development of all phases of one or more projects. As a member of the project team, establish design direction, prepares quality design presentations, and coordinates with agencies effecting design. (For large, highly complex and or/ high profile design-driven projects, closely collaborates with the Senior Designer who provides overall senior-level design direction for the project.)
- Proficient in REVIT and AutoCAD. This includes proficiency in Revit modeling and rendering and preparation of design presentation quality renderings.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and development of schematic and design development decks and alternate communication tools to effectively communicate the design intent.
- Think critically and able to identify issues before they happen – play the tape forward.
- Develop strong high-quality design solutions and details for technically complex interiors.
- Successfully communicate the design to the client, connect, and listen, adapting and incorporating feedback from the client and project team into the design.
- Mentor Design Staff, especially when developing design concepts, technical knowledge, and coordination of complex projects.
- Directs Designer(s) on project’ s design team
- Coordinates overall design with Job Captain and project team consultants. (On smaller and mid-size projects, may assume some responsibilities of Job Captain)
- Coordinate with GC’ s, project managers and consultants for pricing and constructability with clear understanding of both in the development of design solutions, including implications of design in meeting construction budget and schedule and ability to work with project team to develop pricing alternates and value-engineering options.
- Has detailed understanding on construction detailing and product specification.
- Proficient in furniture services, including coordinating with furniture dealers and manufactures to prepare schematic furniture packages, selection of ancillary pieces and options, works with the dealer and client to develop final selections within project budget and schedule.
- Coordinate and QA design deliverables prepared by design team and consultants, including oversight of renderings, finish plans, and material selections. Also, coordinates planning and design details with code compliance and construction forethought.
Distinction between Level I and II is based on ability, years of experience and size/ complexity of projects worked on. As guidance, 7+ years of relevant experience generally required for Level II. At this level, the Project Designer is the Design Lead for multiple small and medium size projects, leading design phases on multiple projects and several design teams.