Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Director of Business Development - Biotechnology
San Francisco, CA 94105
The new hire will serve as a key member of the team, working closely with cross functional partners and the executive management team to advance pre-clinical/clinical/commercial opportunities and initiatives that support the corporate vision and goals. These initiatives include developing a search strategy for non-gene and gene therapy assets, buy-side activities, sell-side activities, and corporate strategy projects.
The new hire will play a leading role in developing strategic plans to enter and expand new business opportunities with a specific focus on rare diseases, drive the business development process externally with bio-pharmaceutical companies targeting licensing/acquisition of key therapeutic assets, R&D collaborations, and related collaborations, with responsibility for prospecting, early search and evaluation, conducting diligence, and managing transactions for assets and opportunities that advance disease product pipeline.
- PhD/MD required
- Deal Sheet REQUIRED
- Must have “VC mindset”, experience in small Biotech companies preferred
- Robust understanding of the full drug development process, life-cycle management and commercialization of therapeutics
- Strong EQ combined with scientific/technical acumen of clinical development process
- Scientifically Strategic and willingness to "own" the process
- Excellent leadership/influencing skills are required to manage the internal stakeholders (e.g. Research, Drug Development, Commercial, Market Access, etc.) as well as, external alliances
- Ability to conduct Landscape Analysis, Alliance Management, Milestone Tracking, Royalties and Diligence Reporting
- Track record of owning, driving, and closing projects from inception to execution, to include valuation, diligence, deal engineering and leading negotiations
- A strategic thinker with outstanding business instincts who can help chart the course and translate into actionable, value-creating results for the company
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that requires "win-win" collaboration at all levels
- Equity Research and or Top-Tier Venture Capital experience is a +