Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Pomona, California 91750 | Direct Hire
The Division Manager is responsible for start-up and development of the company’ s Transportation and Energy business. The position will focus on building relationships with key partners and state, local and federal contracting agencies to focus on civil transportation and renewable energy projects. As Division Manager, this role will look to involve the company in projects where the organization can bring its expertise and exceed client expectations. This position will manage, plan, direct and administer policies and goals for this key division regarding profitability, performance, work competency and growth.
Focus will be mainly in civil and mechanical work – site development, grading, piles, racking systems, excavation, conduits, foundations (concrete work)
- Represent the company in new business opportunities through contacts with parties who are a critical part of new project possibilities.
- Secure follow-up work with existing clients based on performance.
- Provide division with sufficient estimating capabilities and proper direction. Oversee the preparation of all bids, estimates and budgets.
Financial/Budget & Cost Control:
- Develop revenue and profit projections. Review, recommend and monitor annual and long-term budgets to ensure adherence to expense control and achievement of revenue projections.
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of division staff in line with established policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist directly in establishing long and short- term planning of objectives for regional office.
- Effectively manage overall planning and implementation of division projects.
- Provide division with appropriate staff, resources, and direction required to fulfill business development, financial, estimating, and operational goals.
- Oversee performance of design and construction phase of contract commitments to ensure profitability and timely execution of work.
- Maintain close contact with key partners during all phases of negotiated contracts.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all engineering operations, personnel, budgets, and policies for the company.
Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field. (Advanced degrees a plus.)
- 10+ years of experience as Director of Field Operations or Senior Project Manager with a major ENR Top 100 firm that has done Construction Management, Design/Build, Negotiated, and Lump Sum Contracts.
- Effective management of construction work, resulting in completion of contracts within time and cost limits.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, decision-making ability, strong management and leadership skills.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer