Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Manteca, California 95336 | Direct Hire
The Electrical Technician performs a variety of specialized work in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration, and/or Electrical. This position performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment in accordance with proper safety procedures and industry best practices.
- Installs and maintains diverse Electrical Systems
- Performs general and preventative maintenance
- Ensures calibration of controls
- Performs mechanical and electrical checks on motors and belts and handles lubrication duties
- Maintains and repairs at multiple DFV locations
- Reads wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Performs diagnostics and determines root cause pertaining to malfunctions on Electrical systems
- Responds to emergency situations in order to resolve issues on an immediate basis
- Replaces faulty or expired parts
- Provides critical support of production schedules ensuring that customer delivery commitments are met
- Inspects designated electrical control systems to determine need for maintenance and repair
- Detects malfunctions and creates and implements plans to resolve them
- Handles troubleshooting and repairing systems across a broad spectrum of facilities
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent required; AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; Winery experience is preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in specialized field of knowledge
- RETA Training and/or CIRO Certified – preferred
- Welding Certifications a plus
- Possess very in-depth knowledge and understanding of all components and theory of operation
- Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Physics — Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid and material dynamics, as well as mechanical
Constant exposure to the elements and temperature variation working both indoors and outdoors and at heights up to 45 feet. Some work areas require ear and eye protection. Exposure to standard maintenance material including batteries, lubricating fluids, paints, solvents, etc. This position is on a rotating shift schedule.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer