Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Employee Relations Analyst
San Carlos, CA
Duration: up to 6 months
Pay: $31.94-40.36/HR., DOE
Location: San Carlos
Hours: 8:30 am – 5 pm, M – F
General: The Human Resources Analyst (Employee Relations) will report to the Assistant Manager, Employee Relations and is responsible for the administration of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Program and employee relations programs.
- Monitor the drug and alcohol testing program in accordance with federal & state DOT regulations and District’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor and coordinate random drug and alcohol testing activities.
- Assist with developing and conducting trainings.
- Process and track invoicing.
- Establish and maintain confidential files and records, and perform administrative tasks such as data entry/analysis and the writing and distribution of correspondence and other documents.
- Maintain and create reports on new and on-going programs data and status, not limited to labor negotiations, grievances, drug and alcohol test results, DMV pull notices and etc.
- Analyze federal and state regulations and District policies and procedures relating to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol programs.
- Research, analyze and consult with managers and supervisors in relation to drug and alcohol and DMV programs.
- Interpret collective bargaining agreements, district policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Prepare request for proposals, work with procurement staff on the bidding process and act as liaison with third party administrators.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Two years of full-time increasingly responsible experience in labor/employee relations or other Human Resources functions.
- Experience with Drug & Alcohol programs desirable.
- Experience with a public agency desirable.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of employees, as well as external contractors and service agents. High level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex legal, interpersonal, professional, technical and administrative problems;
- Compliance and audit experience desirable
- Highly organized and able to multi-task;
- Excellent Customer Service;
- Team Player; and
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job.
Meet Your Recruiter
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.