Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Employee Relations Specialist
San Carlos, CA
Duration: up to 6 months
Pay: $28.87-36.91/HR., DOE
Location: San Carlos
General: The Human Resources Coordinator (Employee Relations) will report to the Assistant Manager, Employee Relations and is responsible for monitoring the California DMV Electronic Pull Notice (EPN) Program, employee relations and providing support to the Drug and Alcohol Program.
- Monitor the EPN Program.
- Monitor and coordinate medical certifications.
- Perform labor relations support for all grievances, union information requests and arbitrations.
- Provide negotiations support.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating drug and alcohol appointments and obtaining accurate results.
- Establish and maintain confidential files and records, and perform administrative tasks such as data entry/analysis and the writing and distribution of correspondence and other documents.
- Review and maintain current and accurate EPNs.
- Create and pull reports for the EPN program, grievances and negotiations.
- Schedule all medical certification appointments and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping in anticipation of regular audits.
- Maintain and track all grievances and union information requests.
- Assist in preparing grievance responses.
- Provide administrative support around arbitrations, including, but not limited to scheduling, preparation of paperwork and providing technical support.
- Attend and take accurate notes at all meetings between Human Resources and the union(s).
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field.
- One year of full-time, increasingly responsible experience in labor/employee relations or other Human Resources functions.
- Experience with a Public Agency
- Experience with EPN programs
- Compliance and audit experience
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of employees, as well as external contractors and service agents. High level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex legal, interpersonal, professional, technical and administrative problems;
- Highly organized and able to multi-task;
- Excellent Customer Service;
- Team Player; and
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job.
Meet Your Recruiter
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.