Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Engineering Design Tech
1011 Anderson San Rafael, CA 94901
Wollborg Michelson is looking for a ENGINEERING DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Under the general direction from supervisor and engineers, perform complex drafting assignments that require the application of engineering design and drafting techniques. Create detailed drawings for engineering projects, layouts, sketches, maps and graphic representations of engineering designs. Using Excel or other database software, catalogue and organize as-built record drawings. Work with engineers and other District personnel to furnish and receive information for engineering and special projects. Confers with the supervisor to resolve problems; monitors the condition of drafting equipment, printers and plotters; performs additional related duties as required.
< > Associate degree, or equivalent, with major course work in drafting. Additional Qualifying Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basisThree years' extensive drafting experience in an engineering office including one year intermediate level experience.
- Two years AutoCAD experience required; manual drafting experience desirable.Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver' s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Prepares civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical plans and detail drawings for District-wide projects.
- Receives initial instructions, requirements and advice from supervisor; completed work is checked for technical adequacy and consistencyPrepares clear, complete and accurate detailed engineering plans and drawings from rough sketches, notes or verbal instructionUtilize computer in AutoCAD, database, word-processing applications for completion of tasksEmploys District established CADD Users guidelines and drafting standards in performing drafting dutiesPrepares graphic presentations and architectural renderings.
- Prepares design drafting of architectural, civil and structural assignmentsUses accepted formulas and manuals in making necessary computations.
- Create and update as-built record drawingsScan and organize electronic records of project contract documents.
- Assists engineering with field surveys Monitor and schedule maintenance of large format plotter and scanner.
- Perform multiple tasks in a high paced environment, with minimal instructions and supervision.
- Methods, layouts and details used in the preparation of engineering drawing and graphic presentations.
- Drafting using AutoCAD Spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
- Engineering mathematics and practices and engineering terminology.
- Modern construction methods and building materials, codes and specifications in design and construction.
- Prepare plans and graphics for presentationsAssist in the preparation of designs, plans, estimates, reports and specifications