Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Baltimore, Maryland 21201 | Direct Hire
The Estimator performs all pre-bid services by development and preparation of cost estimates for construction projects or services as assigned. Proposed project site visit/assessment; bid document review and completion; take offs; & bid prep. Performs cost estimates for civil and mechanical work specifically related to site preparation, grading, earth moving, concrete, signage, conduits, piles and metal racking systems. Must be able to handle the technical side of the bid from start to finish. This position requires a highly professional and organized individual who can work in a fast paced construction business environment.
- Prepares cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects or services that are used by management in preparation of the bidding process
- Reviews contractual requirements with supervisors and develops a plan for the project construction that is utilized as the basis of the cost estimating process
- Prepares or directs the preparation of material take-off from project plans and documents
- Obtains comparative quotations for materials and sub-contractor services
- Attends pre and post-bid meetings, with clients and in-house staff as required
- Attends preconstruction meetings
- Assembles bid-files including all development information that was utilized in preparation of the estimates
- Ensures that all contract issues such as MBE, time constraints, special construction methods, etc. are addressed prior to submission of the bid
- Analyzes estimated vs. actual costs upon project completion when directed by management
- Takes input from project managers regarding labor and equipment hours, construction methods, and makes adjustments to estimating cost factors as necessary
- Reviews budget and project profitability status and goals with supervision and project team as required
- Seeks input on corrective measures to continuously improve the identification and accuracy of cost figures
- Acts as a resource for project management by providing cost information and developing cost estimates for changes in the work, during the different construction phases
- Acts as an observer, when required, for pre bid investigations and site visits.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and the highest ethical standards with clients, and other customers
- Seeks input and feedback from both external and internal customers
- Communicates issues to customers openly and honestly, while maintaining company’ s confidential and proprietary information
- Attend meeting with clients as required
- Able to handle multiple bids per week
- Perform other assignments/job duties as directed.
Skills & Experiences:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Excellent Organizational skills and detail oriented
- 5+ years if industry experience
- Precision and accuracy in calculations and documentation
- Computer Skills (MS Office Suite, Bid-2-Win estimating software)
- Successful completion of in-house training
- Some travel required
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer