Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Saint Helena, CA
The Events Manager is responsible for creating memorable experiences for Members and guests by planning private Member events, coordinating group wine tastings and blending sessions, and helping to execute a curriculum series of winery events throughout the year. The position acts as an important liaison for Members and Directors to plan and execute all events on property which highlight our premium wines, the property and wine cave, and outstanding service. This position requires a high level of discretion, organization, and attention to detail to perform the essential duties necessary directly related to the policies and practices of events. The Events Manager works within a small team responsible for the full calendar of events and answers directly to the Director.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Interface daily with Members to ensure the highest-level service and build solid member relationships
- Manage all aspects of Member event planning, including but not limited to: developing budgets, creating timelines, preparing event materials such as BEOs, planning menus and wine pairings, and preparing our premium wines for service
- Liaise with vendors and catering partners to create custom designs and menus
- Oversee execution of events by being a presence at all private Member gatherings, host groups tours of the property, manage banquet staff, and provide tableside wine service to ensure outstanding guest experiences
- Prepare Member summaries for final event invoicing and billing reconciliation
- Assist Sr. Events Manager with Curriculum series and prepare collateral materials for events
- Plan and manage Marketing events for Directors and Owners
- Set up of Tours and Tastings and host tours as needed
- Assist Members with drop-in tours, receptions, and events
- Communicate with Members regarding activities and programs of The Reserve, manage RSVPs and guest lists for Curriculum Events
- Perform administrative tasks such as: maintain events database, oversee master schedule of events, update essential events documents, create events folders, send weekly events updates to staff, update Visual One database for event scheduling and forecasting, scanning and archiving of events files
- Ensure communication and coordination with department heads/managers regarding upcoming events
- Participate in monthly department meeting
- Maintain positive relationships with all Members and the staff
Be an Ambassador
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 2 years or more years of experience working in a high-level food & beverage environment, must be in a restaurant setting.
- 5 or more years of professional experience in guest/member relations and event planning in luxury settings
- Well-versed in event management and execution, including client/Member communications, production coordination, maintaining vendor relationships, and food & beverage logistics
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine
- Strong leadership skills with ability to take full ownership of events or assist Events Team as needed
- Professional and poised demeanor and dress; demonstrates gracious hospitality with outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, exercise independent judgment, and use resources to proactively to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines; ability to remain steady under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent in another languages a plus
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Visual One or similar catering software a plus
- Valid California driver’s license
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.