Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
General: This position is the highest level in the administrative support series. With limited supervision the Executive Assistant II will provide the full range of administrative support services, performing complex and confidential support services at the executive level. The Executive Assistant deals professionally and tactfully with Board Members, the public, business associates, transportation professionals, and others at the division/executive levels on a regular basis.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Maintain calendar (Microsoft Outlook) for the Chief. Keep him/her advised of scheduled meetings, appointments and events. Receive and screen telephone calls and requests, greet visitors and make appointments, travel and meeting arrangements. Take and distribute messages. Coordinate activities and/or response by others in the Division or with other departments were appropriate.
- Receive reviews and prioritize incoming mail and correspondence for action and response. Utilizing knowledge of District, division, department functions, and the preference of the Chief/Executive, redirect mail or correspondence to others for response and/or action. Follow-up to assure timely response.
- Utilizing advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) create and update spreadsheets, reports, tables, graphs, agendas, presentations, manages and stores data, and performs basic analysis. Gathers, reviews, and assembles data as required. Maintains division and Chief/Executive files in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Transcribe electronic, recorded and/or handwritten notes, or originates signature-ready copy. Proof and correct format, grammar, punctuation and spelling as needed.
Examples of Duties:
- Manage Petty Cash fund. Issue reimbursement for expenses, complete voucher forms, reconcile as necessary for replenishment.
- Maintain appropriate level of office supplies. Order, store and issue office supplies. Assure that amenities such as coffee, refreshments, lunch, etc. are available when needed.
- Maintains office safety through proper organization of office and common areas, files, and related office support fixtures and equipment.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect yourself, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, Rail, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Five years full-time experience in a secretarial/administrative support position or two full years of Executive-Level administrative support performing duties and with responsibilities similar to those listed above or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be proficient in word-processing (Microsoft Word), and spreadsheet applications (Excel).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple and complex work assignments and handle confidential/sensitive information.
- Must have basic knowledge of PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Outlook.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joshua Bramlett joined the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting Team in January 2018. Since that time, Joshua has supported recruiting and compliance efforts as a Recruiting Coordinator by sourcing, qualifying, and performing background verifications for candidates being considered for various clients’ roles. Because Joshua has excelled at a variety of positions in various industries prior to Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, he has a unique ability to fully understand the roles for which he is recruiting and hone in on the hiring manager’s hard and soft skill requirements when searching for the perfect candidate to fit. Joshua excels at forming strong and lasting working relationships with: candidates - to help minimize attrition, clients - to quickly find the right puzzle piece to their team, and other members of the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting team - to maximize the support leveraged to clients and candidates.