Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Financial Analyst Senior
Woodland Hills, CA
We’re hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
Background: EPPG (Enterprise Planning and Portfolio Governance) team, part of the Corporate Finance organization, is responsible for Capital/Investment Planning, Portfolio Funding Governance, Project Finance standards, and Project Finance support for select business portfolios. EPG is a small but growing team with broad responsibilities and very high visibility at the most senior levels of the organization.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Project Finance Support role, provide support to the broader EPG team which manages the enterprise capital plan (i.e. cost recovery, depreciation forecasting, actuals load, etc.) during month-end close, forecasting, and project planning activities. This role may also work directly with project managers and respective finance areas to lead the development of business cases for approved projects and provide financial planning and analysis services.
This role may be based in Woodland Hills or San Francisco. This position may require minimal travel (0-5% depending on location) and may allow partial telecommuting.
• Process month-end close activities in support of the Enterprise Portfolio of projects.
• Consistently support the booking of project accruals
• Project Finance support to select project portfolios within organization in for multiple, complex, cross-functional projects simultaneously
• Independently review and collaborate development of business cases for projects including costs, benefits, ongoing costs and ROI analysis.
• Support project managers in their monthly forecasting activities
• Perform actuals analysis, variance analysis, and track spend against approved budgets and recommending action where appropriate.
• Perform financial reporting based on large sets of data
• Maintain data in various tools (Planview, Hyperion, Oracle, etc.)
• Identifies opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifies management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
• Makes presentations to various levels of management
• Provides complex analytical support and / or reports through the analysis and interpretation of data
• Four (4) to seven (7) years financial analysis experience required, preferably in a project finance environment
• Bachelor’s degree desired, but may be compensated by an additional three (3) – five (5) years of work experience
• 2-3 years of experience with month end accounting close processes with knowledge of Accruals, Reclasses, Depreciation, Journal Entry processes and AP close activities
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of business tools including Excel, Word, Visio, and Sharepoint
• Low to Intermediate knowledge of Oracle desired
• Intermediate knowledge using Project Portfolio Management tools (PPM) desired, ideally Planview.
• Experience with project management lifecycle, funding and budgeting processes desired.
• General knowledge of Accounting and GAAP standards to apply to daily responsibilities including related software capitalization standards.
• Highly adaptable to engage in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment
• Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving, use of analytical tools (e.g., Power Point, Excel pivots and charts etc.).
• Experienced managing and analyzing large amounts of data using advanced tools such as Excel Pivots and Macros etc.
• Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform analysis such as GAP, process mapping, root-cause, risk, and requirements data gathering.