Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
6511 Golden Gate Drive Dublin, California 94568 | Contract
The Corporate Own Brands Product Development Department has an opening for a Food/Non-Food Technologist. This position is located in Dublin, California.
This position provides technical support for all food or non food product development activities. The primary areas of focus are documentation, record keeping, reporting, sample storage, and sample demonstration preparation. This position assists the product development staff in achieving its strategic initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New Product Development Projects - Assist Product Development Managers by managing documentation and new food product demonstrations across multiple categories.
- Receive, log, and store food product sample submissions. Create and distribute demonstration reports to functional team..
- Manufacturing Specifications - Communicate with material suppliers to obtain specifications and convert them to the client' s manufacturing format.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to manage flow of information.
- Draft new manufacturing specifications in the client' s specifications database.
- Finished Product Specifications - Draft new finished product specifications in Safeway specifications database, including NLEA and ingredient statements, based on input from Product Development Managers and Strategic Sourcing.
- Route specifications for approval.
- Nutritional Database - Acquire nutrition information from the client' s plants and Suppliers (ingredient and finished goods) and enter data into Genesis (nutritional database program). Submit additions/revisions to Product Development Manager for approval.
- Specifications Database - Assist Product Development Managers by managing and updating product files in SpecConnect (specification database system). Submit additions/revisions to Product Development Manager for approval.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or a similar discipline preferred.
- 1 to 3+ years experience in the field plus the education listed above.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing equipment and food preparation.
- Understanding of food Safety and microbiology.
- Understanding of ingredient functionality and product formulations.
- Working knowledge of packaging technology to evaluate adequacy of packaging.
- Working knowledge of food labeling regulations.
- Working knowledge of sensory evaluation procedures.
- Excellent time management skills, sense of urgency and desire to complete all assignments on a timely basis.
- Ability to shift priorities.
- Able to operate simple chemical and analytical tools and laboratory equipment (refractometer, pH meter, simple titrations, and various measuring devices.)
- Working knowledge of web based applications, Microsoft Office, and Genesis nutritional database software.
- Keen interest in food product development.
Senior Program Manager
Harpreet knows that the key to success is building strong relationships, which takes patience, support, and understanding. Harpreet came to Wollborg Michelson with that experience in hand, and currently manages two of WM’s longest standing accounts. She thrives on making great connections with candidates and matching them with their Dream Jobs, like two perfect pieces to a puzzle. In her free time, Harpreet enjoys teaching traditional North Indian dances to children and adults, baking, spending time with her family and friends, and (any chance she gets) visiting Disneyland!