Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Jose, CA
General Superintendent Job Description:
A private, well respected homebuilder is looking for an experienced Construction leader to join their team as a General Superintendent. This high visibility role is multi-faceted and plays a significant role in the success of the company. The General Superintendent is responsible to deliver a superior quality home product, on time and on budget, constructed with integrity and professionalism by overseeing the day-to-day progress at all construction sites.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage the field construction staff to improve quality, maximize schedule efficiency, and control costs.
* Improve the quality of all field construction operations to meet company goals for homeowner satisfaction.
* Establish consistency of the Quality Control Inspection Program.
* Prioritize project needs, communicate regularly with all departments.
* Resolve any issues with homebuyers, subcontractors, field staff and city/county inspectors.
* Ensure consistency and accuracy of production schedules, land improvement schedules, and new home delivery schedules.
* Directly supervise superintendents, construction personnel; serve as initial contact for all field related issues.
* Assist field personnel in scheduling of all phases of construction. Regular contact with all Supers, homebuyers, subs, Customer Service and Purchasing Manager, City and County Inspectors, etc.
* Tasks as assigned.
Candidates should have the following skills/experience:
* 10+ years experience as a leader in Residential Construction, with an emphasis as a General Superintendent.
* Strong knowledge of residential building.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly organized with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.