Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
HIM/Medical Records Associate
Mountain View, CA 94040
HIMS Clerk - Mountain View, CA
* Need to be able to work at a brisk pace
* Prior experience with document scanning
* Release of information experience highly preferred
* Must be able to learn quickly and pick up additional tasks as assignment progresses
The HIM Scanner is responsible for preparation of documentation and scanning documents into the legal medical record on a daily basis. Maintains daily work flow ensuring that records are prepared and scanned in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with HIM policies and procedures in creating the ECH electronic legal medical record. Prepares end of shift reports using Excel. May be required to work occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience with scanning equipment.
3. Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
4. Prior experience working independently
5. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
6. Attention to detail in order to differentiate text and numeric sequences
7. Basic understanding of hospital HIM operations
8. Experience in Health Information Department or other acute care area preferred
1. Demonstrates and maintains technical competencies (i.e., meets monthly productivity as demonstrated by scanning an average of 4000 documents per day and indexing 3000 documents per day with zero (0) Level 3 severity errors as demonstrated on monthly QA audits.)
2. Demonstrates Scanning/Indexing competencies (ie Retrieves records from scanning shelf and performs scanning process according to procedure and within established time frame at least 98 % of the time, Writes batch to correct work queue at least 100 % of the time. Cleans scanner on a daily basis according to instructions, places batches in appropriate area for indexing,
3. Proficient computer skills (i.e., uses the correct application Word, Excel, Outlook for the task, generates documents using proper grammar/punctuation, sends and receives e-mail.)
4. Demonstrates composition/writing skills (i.e., drafts e-mails and documents (i.e.) end of shift reports), accurately, proofreads own work, demonstrates proper grammatical structure, spelling, punctuation and compositional style.)
5. Demonstrates teamwork and supports department operations (i.e., proficient understanding of department's role within the Hospital and operations; Understands Hospitals mission, vision, values, and goals and general operations ; anticipates needs; supports department managers and staff in performing their work; backs-up other staff; collaborates with hospital staff at all levels of the organization. Supports organizational objectives and contributes to the greater good of the organization.)
6. Demonstrates and uses a network of resources, internal and external, to complete assigned tasks (i.e., establishes rapport with staff of internal departments to answer questions, resolve issues, and generally support department operations.)