Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
HR Specialist (Employee Services)
1250 San Carlos Ave San Carlos, CA 94070
Human Resources Specialist - FIND YOUR DREAM JOB
San Carlos (Transit Company)
General: The Human Resources Specialist will report to the Supervisor, Staffing Services. This position will provide confidential, technical, and administrative support services to a variety of functional areas such as Employee Services, Organizational Development & Talent Management (ODTM), and Staffing Services within the Human Resources Department.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Engaged in customer service response with employees and the public on inquiries and requested for employee services, recruitments, benefits, and training.
- Prepare vacancy announcements, establishes and maintains recruitment files, prepares related correspondence for scheduled interviews, offers and orientations. Schedules physicals and drug screenings, processes and verifies background investigations.
- Establish personnel files for new hires with responsibility for timely and accurate posting of employee' s appointment, work assignment, medical records, bargaining/non-bargaining status, paid-time-off, promotion, salary change, tax deductions (other deductions such as retirement, deferred compensation), insurance beneficiary.
- Process all personnel actions and status changes in a timely and accurate basis. Responsible for initiating individual performance evaluations, salary increases, longevity bonuses, PTO accruals, transfers, layoffs, resignations, terminations and retirements.
- Prepare and process all program documents associated with employee development and training activities, tuition reimbursement, Transportation System Management (TSM), employee computer purchase and other employee programs and activities. Develop, monitor and report on program/project budgets. Resolve program questions or conflicts.
- Manage timely distribution, collection and reporting (PeopleSoft) on documents/data associated with performance appraisal and probationary programs, drug test results, disciplinary actions, and grievance activity. Develop forms and statistical data (spreadsheet) needed for analysis.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinate and/or assist with employee related functions, special programs and events.
- Provide telephone and front desk support for the department and provide information/forms to employees and customers as needed. Distribute documents, mail and other materials to appropriate individuals for action or information.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’ s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Staffing Services, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Three years full-time experience in any of the functional areas of Human Resources (compensation/benefits administration, employee/labor relations, recruitment/selection, employee programs/activities, employee training/development, and general personnel records administration).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have experience with Human Resources Management (HRM) software; PeopleSoft desirable.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment, work with interruptions and changing priorities, organize work and follow-up assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work and perform satisfactorily in a busy office environment with constant interruption.
- Must have effective customer service and communication skills.