Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Saint Helena, CA 94574
My client is searching for an experience HR Specialist to join their HR team for a luxury winery and resort brand portfolio. This role will be based in our St. Helena corporate office. This position is responsible for all aspects of human resources, including employee relations, staffing, recruiting, compliance, benefits administration, performance management, safety, and bi-weekly payroll. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity while providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll requirements and best practices to ensure we maintain compliance with them
- Use ADP system to produce accurate and timely payroll, ensuring compliance with State and Federal wage laws
- Analyze, prepare, input, process and reconcile payroll
- Administer all payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, terminations, status changes, tax withholding changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit requests.
- Assist management in annual performance review process
- Support recruiting, pre-boarding, and onboarding of new hires
Administer LOA, respond to unemployment claims, handle employee relations issues while maintaining confidentiality
- Promote health and safety with the goal of maintaining a safe, healthy and accident free environment
- Maintain accuracy and injury log
- Ensure all I9’s are maintained
- 3 years minimum of progressive HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State (CA) labor laws
- Strong interpersonal, problem resolution, mediation, negotiation, and consulting sills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in committee and team projects
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and HRIS systems including ADP
- Preferred skill - Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Effective communication skills
Other Requirements -
Willingness and ability to:
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 35 pounds
- Sit at desk for extended periods
- Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
Wollborg Michelson is an equal opportunity employer
Direct Hire Recruiter
Patricia has always been a matchmaker and career coach at heart. She started her career in retail management where she experienced lots of interviewing and hiring especially during the busy holiday season. She worked her way into corporate ecommerce supporting the complex needs of growing organizations as a Product Manager working for a startup and Fortune 500 companies. There is nothing more that she loves than watching an employee surpass their goals and the possibilities that unfold when employees are truly engaged, inspired, and valued in their work.
After a successful career in product management, she felt the calling to combine these two passions of hers into one role as a recruiter. She enjoys learning about emerging technology, the adaptability and grit required for successful candidates to excel in roles including Product Management, Project Management, and UX Design. She is excited to blend her expertise to work for or with you to find your next great role or candidate!