Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Head of Talent
6005 Shellmound St Suite 175 Emeryville, CA
Our client is growing at a phenomenal rate, and we are seeking a talent leader to build out our recruiting function.
Our company is growing at a phenomenal rate, and we are seeking a talent acquisition leader to build out our recruiting function.
The Head of Talent will be dedicated to making our company the employer of choice. This leader will create and lead the delivery of an unparalleled candidate and hiring experience for candidates and the internal team, attracting top talent to join us.
This leader will develop and drive our recruiting strategy and execution to support our rapid growth. She/he will be optimizing the talent acquisition function and processes, building a unique employment brand and an engaging candidate experience; and being a true advisor to business leaders. The ideal candidate thrives in a high growth mode environment with lots of ownership. The Head of Talent will report to the Senior Vice President of People and is located at our HQ in Emeryville, CA.
Partnering with The Business
- Partner with the team to determine long-term growth strategy and talent needs for the company
- Coach business leaders and managers on effective interviewing strategies and value of in-house and search firm capabilities.
- Leading recruitment efforts and supporting TA efforts across all functions.
- Hire, lead, guide, mentor and coach recruiting team members.
- Develop and ensure a consistent high-quality interview process, including partnering with leaders to develop job descriptions, select and prepare interview panelists, facilitation of interview debrief conversations, selection of candidates and salary negotiations
- Hands on recruiting for strategic technical and senior roles as needed constantly evaluate external trends and identify opportunities to promote creative recruiting strategies.
Scaling Delivery Processes & Metrics Dashboard
- Develop best-in-class talent acquisition strategies, methods, referrals, direct sourcing and social media strategy
- Build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and technical communities.
- Maintain and communicate TA Effectiveness metric tool, track hiring goals vs actual hires and report to leaders in timely fashion.
Share Employee Value
- Help tell the story of working at our company incorporating the Employee Value Proposition into the recruiting processes, language, tools, events and social media strategies
- Build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and domain expert communities
- Create an exceptional candidate experience that represents employee experience
Build a strong Talent Acquisition Team
- Share knowledge and best practices within the talent acquisition team, as well as within the organization to ensure that our recruiting is highly effective.
- Scale the talent acquisition team, ensuring they have the right resource allocation and ratio of talent partners and associates with the business.
The Successful Leader
Aligned with our core values
- Embraces our core values
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
Leader Who Can Scale a Business
- Partner for peers, clients, as well as team, getting to root causes of issues
- Can play " high and low", operating at both a strategic and tactical level with ease and often
- Provide recruitment coaching and learning opportunities to hiring managers
- Highly collaborative with people with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Influential to executives, colleagues and peers coming from a " we" orientation
- BA/BS degree required. MBA or applicable graduate degree highly desirable.
- Talent acquisition experience in Media/ entertainment and technology companies.
- Technical Expertise: Empirical mindset and employment of a data-driven approach.
- Extraordinary Relationship Building: Build strong relationships within the company and with candidates considering roles
- Independent: Ability to build out our recruiting department from scratch.
- Accountable: Ensure recruiting success
- Humble: Highly capable without being arrogant, our culture is kind
- Possess an understanding of technology and/or marketing industries
- Skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions
- Keen ability to establish and articulate an inspiring vision; clearly translate it into executable strategy and drive team performance to deliver against the plan.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels
- 15 plus years of professional experience that includes: Strategic Recruiting: The capacity to engage in broad, complex analytical and conceptual thinking
- 10 years leading talent acquisition at a fast-growing business
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’ re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Company offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.