Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Human Resources Coodinator
6005 Shellmound St Suite 175 Emeryville, CA
Human Resources Coordinator
Our company was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, our company harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’ re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
Human Resources is a core strategic driver of our success! This is a hands-on role for a person who is a detailed oriented, meticulous individual, who thrives in a high pace environment, and who enjoys building from the ground up. The Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) is responsible for supporting various Human Resources functions (recruitment, on-boarding, paperwork processing, compliance, requests for data. and special projects, etc.). The Human Resource Coordinator will provide administrative support, partnering closely with HR to ensure excellent customer service is provided to employees.
- Provides administrative support to the human resources function and recruiting.
- Maintains employee hard & soft copy files, including but not limited to, application, background check release, CIIA and offer letters.
- Conducts background checks through an external vendor.
- Assists in scheduling on-site interviews.
- Creates new hire profiles in HRIS upon offer acceptance.
- May prepare special reports as needed.
- Provides information to candidates on matters pertaining to the recruiting, onboarding and hiring process.
- Assist in delivering New Hire Orientation.
- Recruitment: Assist with candidate interview scheduling, offer approval process facilitation and other misc. projects
- New Hire Onboarding: Verify I-9s, New Hire Paperwork (W4, EEO, RF-specific forms)
- Assist HR department with documentation and paperwork with regards to benefits, policies, terminations, disability, etc.
- Records management and first-level systems administration; scanning of personnel documents, naming and electronic filing, HRIS data entry, etc. in accordance with both internal and external audit requirements
- Create and run ad hoc reports
- Assisting with all projects, research and tasks assigned by other HR department staff
- Analyze HR related data
- Assists with recruitment and interview process by posting open positions, sourcing resumes tracking status of candidates and responding with follow up emails or letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Business Partner and management team.
- Ensures all necessary employee onboarding is complete.
- Manage the clerical aspects of unemployment claims, 401K and benefits.
- Orders supplies.
- Filing and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Interface with employees and Managers as needed to handle employee inquiries
- Supports with employee engagement and recognition events including: birthday recognition, Holiday party, Quarterly celebrations and helping mangers plan milestone or accomplishment recognition events.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources administrative support role.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Mac or PC, MS Office Suite, Google Docs.
- Experience with HRIS applications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols.
- Excellent organizational skills required. Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and on self-directed tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities.
- Excellent in-person, email and phone communication skills