Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Human Resources Specialist
San Carlos, CA 94070
Find your dream job!
Would you like to make an immediate impact working for a reputable transportation company in the Bay Area? Then you're in luck! We have a contract opportunity for a Human Resources Specialist to provide confidential, technical, and administrative support services to a variety of functional areas such as Employee Services, Organizational Development & Talent Management, and Staffing Services within the Human Resources Department.
Job functions include:
- Engaged in customer service response with employees and the public on inquiries and requested for employee services, recruitments, benefits, and training.
- Prepare vacancy announcements, establishes and maintains recruitment files, prepares related correspondence for scheduled interviews, offers and orientations. Schedules physicals and drug screenings, processes and verifies background investigations.
- Establish personnel files for new hires with responsibility for timely and accurate posting of employee's appointment, work assignment, medical records, bargaining/non-bargaining status, paid-time-off, promotion, salary change, tax deductions (other deductions such as retirement, deferred compensation), insurance beneficiary.
- Process all personnel actions and status changes in a timely and accurate basis. Responsible for initiating individual performance evaluations, salary increases, longevity bonuses, PTO accruals, transfers, layoffs, resignations, terminations and retirements.
- Prepare and process all program documents associated with employee development and training activities, tuition reimbursement, Transportation System Management (TSM), employee computer purchase and other employee programs and activities. Develop, monitor and report on program/project budgets. Resolve program questions or conflicts.
- Manage timely distribution, collection and reporting (PeopleSoft) on documents/data associated with performance appraisal and probationary programs, drug test results, disciplinary actions, and grievance activity. Develop forms and statistical data (spreadsheet) needed for analysis.
- Three years full-time experience in any of the functional areas of Human Resources (compensation/benefits administration, employee/labor relations, recruitment/selection, employee programs/activities, employee training/development, and general personnel records administration).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have experience with Human Resources Management (HRM) software; PeopleSoft desirable.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment, work with interruptions and changing priorities, organize work and follow-up assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work and perform satisfactorily in a busy office environment with constant interruption.
- Must have effective customer service and communication skills.
6 month contract
Hourly Pay Rate $25 - $30/hr, DOE
Managing Director - Contingent Services
Julie is an experienced staffing professional with over 15 years in the staffing and recruiting industry. Skilled in Sales, Contact Centers, Management, CRM systems, and Interviewing. Strong sales professional with an IT Solutions focus in Telecommunications from University of Phoenix.
Julie is a native Californian who was born and raised in the Bay Area. In her spare time she enjoys wine tasting, road trips, and sharing laughs with family and friends.