Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Human Resources Specialist
San Carlos, CA
Wollborg Michelson is assisting a manger identify a HR Specialist.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Process all personnel actions and status changes in a timely and accurate basis. Responsible for initiating LOA, Worker’s Comp claims, performance evaluations, salary increases, longevity bonuses, PTO accruals, transfers, layoffs, resignations, disciplinary actions, terminations and retirements.
- Schedule and coordinate training activities, drug and alcohol testing, DOT physical examinations, and support for other employee programs.
- Manage timely distribution, collection and reporting (PeopleSoft) on documents/data associated with leaves of absence, drug test results, disciplinary actions, and grievance activity. Develop forms and statistical data (spreadsheet) needed for analysis.
- Establish and maintain LOA files, correspondence and reports in an accurate and timely fashion. Prepare and distribute LOA related correspondence (including benefits related info). Review LOA related notes/documents, follow-up. Coordinate employee’s return to work, set-up training, medical exams, drug test, etc. as required. Keep supervisor, training and HR staff informed.
- Ensure up-to-date medical certification for safety-sensitive employees. Prepare paperwork and schedule monthly medical re-certification as needed.
- Correspond with Labor Unions on a variety of Employee Relations issues. Process and track appeals, set up informal reviews, and prepare monthly Union reports.
- Engage in customer service response with employees and the public on inquires related to employee services, recruitments, benefits, and employee relations.
- Update employee personnel files with responsibility for timely and accurate posting of employee's appointment, work assignment, medical records, bargaining/non-bargaining status, paid-time-off, promotion, salary change, tax deductions (other deductions such as retirement, deferred compensation), insurance beneficiary.
Examples of Duties:
· Coordinate and/or assist with employee-related functions, special programs and events.
· Provide telephone support for the department and provide information/forms to employees and customers as needed. Distribute documents, mail and other materials to appropriate individuals for action or information.
· Order, maintain and inventory department equipment and supplies.
· Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years full-time experience in any of the functional areas of Human Resources (compensation/benefits administration, employee/labor relation, leave of absence administration, recruitment/selection, employee programs/activities, employee training/development, and general personnel records administration),
- Experience working with unions (Preferably at least one year).
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment, work with interruptions and changing priorities, organize work and follow-up assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work and perform satisfactorily in a busy office environment with constant interruption.
- Excellent customer relations, oral and written communication skills.
Joshua Bramlett joined the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting Team in January 2018. Since that time, Joshua has supported recruiting and compliance efforts as a Recruiting Coordinator by sourcing, qualifying, and performing background verifications for candidates being considered for various clients’ roles. Because Joshua has excelled at a variety of positions in various industries prior to Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, he has a unique ability to fully understand the roles for which he is recruiting and hone in on the hiring manager’s hard and soft skill requirements when searching for the perfect candidate to fit. Joshua excels at forming strong and lasting working relationships with: candidates - to help minimize attrition, clients - to quickly find the right puzzle piece to their team, and other members of the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting team - to maximize the support leveraged to clients and candidates.