Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
IT Support Specialist
St. Helena, CA
OBJECTIVE: Must be able to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity while providing exceptional customer service. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support, advice, and assistance to end users with technical, hardware, and software system problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
User Support (>80%)
- Assist in the development and enforcement of IT policies and procedures
- Provide support to all level of users for hardware, software and associated network devices (VOIP phones, printers, iPhone, iPad, and more)
- Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing personal computing solutions
- Deploy hardware and software for computers and mobile phones
- Analyze the training need of users and recommend training curriculums and end-users that would benefit most from IT training. Lead internal training session if relevant
- Welcome and orient new users regarding the company computing environment
- Document all support resolutions in IT support tracking software
- Evaluate hardware and software operational status and report significant findings
Network and Telecommunication Support (<10%)
- In the absence of the Network Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the WAN, LAN, WLAN, and VOIP
Server Support (<10%)
- In the absence of the System Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the Servers (hardware, OS, utilities)
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage alarms from the monitoring system about end user computers
- Administer the IT support tracking system and manage the monthly report of support activity
- Manage a weekly Tips & Tricks communication to enhance users’ computing knowledge
- Minimum AS degree in Computer Science or qualified technical certifications
- Excellent technical skills with Information Systems and at least 5 years of hands-on experience using diverse types of hardware and software
- Experience in a business environment centered around core Microsoft technologies
- Deep working knowledge of Office 365, Office 365 administration, Windows 7 and Windows 10 in AD Domain environment, Mac OS and iOS
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, TCP/IP and DHCP, internal DNS, and printing management
- Experience supporting a small-medium sized user community preferred
- Natural problem-solving skills focused on finding quality resolutions for both the present and the future
- Good communication skills capable of dealing with employees from every department and level of the organization
- Service-oriented personality, positive attitude, passion for technology
- Must possess good follow up and follow through skills
- Must be a team player, willing to pitch in where needed
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with grace and remain calm while managing multiple projects or last-minute requests
- Must have good driving record and be able to drive as needed to the various sites
- Related technical certifications a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Experience in using Solarwinds N-central a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sit for extended periods
- Able to walk up and downstairs frequently
- Able to bend, kneel, push, and pull
Direct Hire Recruiter
Patricia has always been a matchmaker and career coach at heart. She started her career in retail management where she experienced lots of interviewing and hiring especially during the busy holiday season. She worked her way into corporate ecommerce supporting the complex needs of growing organizations as a Product Manager working for a startup and Fortune 500 companies. There is nothing more that she loves than watching an employee surpass their goals and the possibilities that unfold when employees are truly engaged, inspired, and valued in their work.
After a successful career in product management, she felt the calling to combine these two passions of hers into one role as a recruiter. She enjoys learning about emerging technology, the adaptability and grit required for successful candidates to excel in roles including Product Management, Project Management, and UX Design. She is excited to blend her expertise to work for or with you to find your next great role or candidate!