Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
IT Support Specialist
St. Helena, CA
OBJECTIVE: The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support, advice, and assistance to end users with technical, hardware, and software system problems. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflect definition of essential functions for the job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
User Support (>80%)
- Provide support to all level of users for hardware, software and associated network devices (VOIP phones, printers, iPhone, iPad, and more)
- Deploy hardware and software for computers and mobile phones
- Welcome and orient new users regarding the company computing environment
- Evaluate hardware and software operational status and report significant findings
- Document all support resolutions in IT support tracking software
- Analyze the training need of users and recommend training curriculums and end-users that would benefit most from IT training. Lead internal training session if relevant
- Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing personal computing solutions
- Assist in the development and enforcement of IT policies and procedures
Server Support (<10%)
- In the absence of the System Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the Servers (hardware, OS, utilities)
Network and Telecommunication Support (<10%)
- In the absence of the Network Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the WAN, LAN, WLAN, and VOIP
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer the IT support tracking system and manage the monthly report of support activity
- Manage alarms from the monitoring system about end user computers
- Manage a weekly Tips & Tricks communication to enhance users’ computing knowledge
- Minimum AS degree in Computer Science or qualified technical certifications
- Excellent technical skills with Information Systems and at least 5 years of hands-on experience using diverse types of hardware and software
- Experience in a business environment centered around core Microsoft technologies
- Deep working knowledge of Office 365, Office 365 administration, Windows 7 and Windows 10 in AD Domain environment, Mac OS and iOS
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, TCP/IP and DHCP, internal DNS, and printing management
- Experience supporting a small-medium sized user community preferred
- Natural problem-solving skills focused on finding quality resolutions for both the present and the future
- Good communication skills capable of dealing with employees from every department and level of the organization
- Service-oriented personality, positive attitude, passion for technology
- Must possess good follow up and follow through skills
- Must be a team player, willing to pitch in where needed
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with grace and remain calm while managing multiple projects or last-minute requests
- Must have good driving record and be able to drive as needed to the various sites
- Related technical certifications a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Experience in using Solarwinds N-central a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sit for extended periods
- Able to walk up and downstairs frequently
- Able to bend, kneel, push, and pull
Meet Your Recruiter
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.